Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Dear Ms Galang and 811,
          A project that was valuable to me was our book groups. I read the book "13 Reasons Why," which is now one of my favorite books of all time. I have read it twice now and it's still just as interesting now to me. I read with JJ and Alex and Steven and we all were on time and had great discussion about this book. Not only did I read a great book, but I also developed my note-taking and reading in a group skills. Also we then made a synthesis page about the different reasons in the book and we worked very well together, and overall this was just a very valuable lesson for me as an ELA student.
          Another lesson that was valuable to me was reading Romeo and Juliet. This was valuable to me because it was my first piece of classic literature. I learned a bunch of new language, and grammar from the old days from William Shakespeare. Also I love the acting aspect of it, as the whole lesson is really an all around improver, as I feel like i can act, memorize, read, and write better. I really liked watching the movie too as that gave me a good visual. I like working in a group and it was really enjoyable to see a play really go.
           My goals for reading and writing when I graduate is to do both more over the summer and in high school. Over the summer I want to read three books, and in high school I want to continue to read a book a month. For writing I want to try and keep a journal and write maybe weekly or so. Also I want to write more poetry.
Sincerley,
Max





                                                Summer Reading List/Book Shelf
Books to Finish:
I. Glass Castle
II. Ribblestrop
III. Lorien Legacies

Books to Read:
I. Maze Runner
II. Next Lorien Legacy
III.Blindness
IV.Never Let Me Go

No comments:

Post a Comment