Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Draft for Author's Note


                                                            Max Kessler Class 811
According to nbpc.com nearly one-third of students report being bullied during or throughout the school year. Another staggering stat about bullying, according to mbnd.com 86% of gay or student unclear on their sexuality are bullied. Even more 84% of overweight students report to being bullied during physical activity. Stats like these and other experiences have made me want to speak out against bullying. I wish for bullying to end, but I know that is not possible, but the best way to stop it or at least limiting it is to stand up for yourself and others.
 I chose this topic because I am exposed to it in my life. Being in middle school, I and all my other peers are exposed to poor and unruly behavior, and I personally haven’t been bullied, but I have always wanted to do something to help those who are. To research this I will look up images and articles to further understand this very real and upsetting issue in today’s world.
  I wrote this to promote awareness and show how if you stand up for yourself you can stop bullies. By taking action you can prove to yourself and the bully that you are a person with feelings and emotions and that what they are doing is not okay. According to mdnb.com if you stand up for yourself 57 percent of the time the bully stops. And even if standing up for yourself doesn’t work there are other ways to help such as telling an adult. 



No comments:

Post a Comment